The Jam Session Mission Statement
The Jam Session is based on the art of improvising with Jazz as the primary foundation. However, other styles and influences are present as well.
The Jam Session is continuously trying to promote and encourage musicians and audience members from the global community participate, creating an eclectic mix of music and culture.
The Jam Session is inspired by the late night jam sessions and loft rehearsals in New York City. We believe that the evolution and survival of improvisational music takes place in front of a live audience, being inclusive and accessible to all who wants to engage.
It’s our intent…
- To promote live progressive music by hosting weekly jam sessions as well as collaborating with radio stations, television stations, organizations, bands and various promoters of live music
- To create a consistent venue, featuring live, quality music – primarily promoting Jazz, Latin and World music.
- To provide a venue for up-and-coming and professional musicians.
- To provide a creative and nurturing venue where musicians can practice their craft before a live audience
- To create a place where musicians can network with other musicians as well as showcasing their talent.
- To provide a place in the community where people of all ages and demographics can enjoy eclectic live music for free or low cost on a consistent basis.